Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Deadly Little Lies Review by Ana


Last fall, sixteen-year-old Camelia fell for Ben, the mysterious new boy at school who turned out to have a very mysterious gift--pyschometry, the ability to sense the future through touch. But just as Camelia and Ben's romance began to heat up, he abruptly left town. Brokenhearted, Camelia has spent the last few months studying everything she can about psychometry, and experiencing her own strange brushes with premonition. Camelia wonders if Ben's abilities have somehow rubbed off on her. Can the power of psychometry be transferred?

Even once Ben returns to school, Camelia can't get close enough to share her secret with him. Despite the romantic tension between them, Ben remains aloof, avoiding contact. Then when an unexpected kiss leads to a frightening argument, Camelia makes the painful decision to let Ben go and move on. Adam, the hot new guy at work, seems good for her in ways Ben wasn't. Adam is easygoing, and seems to really care about her.

But when Camelia and Adam start dating, a surprising love triangle results. A chilling sequence of events upturns secrets from Ben's past--and Adam's. Someone is lying, and it’s up to Camelia to figure out who—before it’s too late.



Originality

DEADLY LITTLE LIES gripped me right from the start. Once Ben left and Adam came in the picture, I was suspicious. I had begun not to trust anyone any longer because in Laurie Stolarz's novels, anyone could be the bad guy. Especially the ones you least expect. And even though Adam was nice and sweet I had my eye on him.

Cover

The covers for the TOUCH series have lately been beautiful! This time, it was winter in the cover and the girl with the heavy jacket and red umbrella seemed to fit the novel in a perfect way. Like Camelia - who should she trust?

Characters

Laurie Stolarz is a master in creating lovable characters. While reading the book, I felt as though I was in there and talking to the characters myself. They were so real. They talked like teenagers and not like robots.

Plot

The mystery and suspence here made me read this one in a couple of hours as well. Stolarz knows how to grip the reader from the first page and leaves you guessing until the end.

Ending

I'm not going to say too much about the ending because I don't want to ruin the suprise, but it is shocking and intense. That's all I'm going to say.......

Overall, amazing novel and I do see myself later on rereading the TOUCH Series.

♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment