Thursday, September 2, 2010

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater Review


For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf—her wolf—is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human ... until the cold makes him shift back again.

Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.



Shiver caught my eye immediatly by it's interesting synopsis and beautiful cover. The first page immediatly grabed my attention and I wanted to know more about the wolves and Grace and the love between.


The characters in SHIVER were well organized. I loved how sweet and loving Sam was and how he treated Grace with such care. Grace was a strong character, but this feeling is in the book that when you hear Grace and Sam, you know they are meant to be for each other.


The plot was very interesting on how in the winter, the wolves would change into wolf form and change into human form in spring. Sam was fighting to stay human forever because during his human form he finally talked to Grace and fell madly in love with her and they who time, I was wanted Grace to find a cure for Sam to stay human forever with her. But they both go through a lot before the end comes.


The cover is drop dead gorgeous. I love how it gives you the feeling of winter and when I read SHIVER, it was summer, but it made me want winter to come. The wolf in the back of the forest tells you all about Sam and the Wolves of Mercy Falls. Also, the leaf was a great additon to the cover, and even though I didn't really understand its meaning, I still thought it wrapped up the cover perfectly!


The ending I found a bit confusing the first time I read it. But after I read it again, I realized it was sort of a cliffhanger and I couldn't wait for LINGER, sequal to SHIVER, to come out and understand if Sam had survived or if he was stuck as a wolf forever.


Overall, this book was a cute, sweet romance novel with wolves and I recommend everyone to read it.



♥♥♥♥1/2



-Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment