Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Radiance by Alyson Noel Review


Riley Bloom left her sister, Ever, in the world of the living and crossed the bridge into the afterlife—a place called Here, where time is always Now. Riley and her dog, Buttercup, have been reunited with her parents and are just settling into a nice, relaxing death when she's summoned before The Council. They let her in on a secret—the afterlife isn't just an eternity of leisure; Riley has to work. She's been assigned a job, Soul Catcher, and a teacher, Bodhi, a curious boy she can't quite figure out.

Riley, Bodhi, and Buttercup return to earth for her first assignment, a Radiant Boy who's been haunting a castle in England for centuries. Many Soul Catchers have tried to get him to cross the bridge and failed. But he's never met Riley...




Alyson Noel does it again! Not only has she compelled me with her IMMORTALS series, but she's written a middle grade novel that not only is good, but for every age as well. I loved seeing Riley again because in the IMMORTALS she was only in EVERMORE and then gone. She's such a funny character and so dynamic that I loved reading about her adventure.


The dialogue for Riley sounded like a twelve year old girl actually would talk. Noel is famous for this. She knows how to capture a person's feelings and makes all her characters feeling real. Bohdi was a funny character as well. A cute geeky kid - what's not to like? I loved the funny arguments between the two because it only shown how close their friendship was.


I enjoyed the plot on trying to get the Radiant Boys to cross the bridge. I loved the adventure Riley and Bohdi went through together and it was pure enjoyment. I have nothing else to say about this book other than fun!


I devoured the cover!! It's so beautiful as Noel's IMMORTALS series covers. The girl looks exactly like Riley with Buttercup and there is no other way I can imagine the cover.


Overall, I loved this book. I totally recommend everyone to read it, especially if you're a fan of Noel's IMMORTALS series. It's a fun, quick read, that you will love.


♥♥♥♥1/2



-Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment