Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Interview with T.K. Richardson


Hey everyone,

Today we have the amazing T. K. Richardson, author of RETURN THE HEART, here with us for an interview!



Hi Ana, thanks for having me as a guest today.


I'm glad you're here!





1. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

This is such a good question. Honestly, I never dreamed of becoming a writer. I never said, “I want to be a writer when I grow up.” I had other ambitions and they all included travel, adventure, and excitement.

I have always been an avid reader, but it wasn’t until just a few years ago that I became a writer. It all happened pretty fast, too. I was struck with an inspiration, a great character (Lilly), and I sat down at my desk to write it out. Six weeks later I held my first draft of my first novel.


2. Has anyone inspired you in your writing? Are your characters based on anyone?

All the books that I read prior to writing Return the Heart played some part and inspired me. But the most inspirational authors were Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, and Gogol. In fact the very first line in Return the Heart is from a novel by Dostoevsky. So yes, these Russian authors play a big part in my writing.

As far as the characters in Return the Heart, they’re not based on anyone really. I took little bits and pieces from people I know, because they fit the characters and breathed life into them, but no they’re not based on anyone.


3. How hard was your publishing experience? Easy?


Publishing is never easy. It doesn’t matter who the author is, the process is very lengthy, and very difficult. But it is also very much worth it.


4. What is your favorite food?


Hmmm… That’s a tough one. I think it depends on my mood and the time of year. I love Bar B Q in the summer, and I love Italian food. Oh, I know - I love my mom’s manicotti. She’s Italian and makes the best food.


5. What are 5 things no one knows about you?


Let’s see… Well, I’m not very tall (5'3”). I love watching Ice Road Truckers. I can’t stand lima beans. And I don’t like the smell of vanilla or peaches. :)


6. If you could time travel for one year, where would you spend it?

I would map out a list of places from all the history books I’ve read and visit my favorite time periods and places. One place and time would be Russia in 1812.

Thanks so much!

Thanks for having me!




No comments:

Post a Comment