Monday, August 23, 2010

Tennis tryouts, it's good to be back! Senior year...debatable.

Admitedly, I did not walk into school this morning thrilled to be back, but that might have something to do with the 2 foot high pile of summer work staring me down from across the room. Alright, that has everything to do with it. I have procrastinated yet again :\

However I must say, I'm glad to be back. Summer is awesome, but I was getting pretty darn bored sitting home. Anyway, it was a rainy Monday, so most of the "tryout" was 14 girls sitting in a room catching up and getting the details about the upcoming season from our new coach.

I can't believe I'm a senior. Part of me is elated, but part of me is scared and sad. I'm thrilled because, hello, SENIOR! Rulers of the school, booyah! ;D I'm also taking some pretty sweet classes which I am VERY excited for! There will be a lot of writing and history, which, if you know me, is as good as Christmas morning and fluffy kittens in my eyes.

I'm scared because I have literally one school that I'm applying to for early decision, and it's my first, second and third choice. Stupid? INCREDIBLY SO. But it's everything I want so I'm throwing myself into it with everything I have.

I'm sad because my childhood is slipping away. I'm probably not coming home after this, with the exception of school breaks, and I'll probably be moving out of state once college is through. That's a very daunting thought. Exciting, sure, but it's sad when you realize how fast life moves. It never seems that way when you're a kid, but man does it have a way of jumping out and shouting "BOO!"


Alright, I've entirely gotten off track, so I'll sign out for now. I've been working on requesting some awesome books and interviews with the awesome authors of those awesome books, so I have a lot coming your way soon! Thanks to all of our subscribers for sticking with us, we love to hear from you so please never hesitate to leave a comment with your thoughts.


♥ and ☮,
Rissa

No comments:

Post a Comment