Thursday, August 19, 2010

Kiersten White Interview


Today we have the amazing Kiersten White, author of the upcoming PARANORMALCY!


1. What is the one place you would love to visit? Why?


My husband and I got to travel to Romania this summer, which was amazing. Next I think I'd like to visit England and Ireland. I've always wanted to go there, and it's such a great balance of amazing historical sites and beautiful outdoors.

2. How did you come up with the idea of Paranormalcy?


It all started with wondering what someone would do with a vampire if they wanted to stop them without killing them. That led to the idea of the International Paranormal Containment Agency. Then Evie popped in my head and started talking to me, and that was that! It was very much a spur-of-the-moment inspiration.

3. Publishing is hard. How was your publishing experience?


Well, I started writing six years ago, and Paranormalcy was my fourth book, so...yeah, it took me a while to get to the point where I found success! I think the point of it is to love what you are doing. Publishing is a great goal, but if it's the only reason you are writing you're in for a world of frustration and pain!

4. Do you have any more books coming out after Paranormalcy?


Yes! Paranormalcy has two sequels, the first of which, Supernaturally, is coming out next fall.

5. What research, if any, did you do for Paranormalcy?


I researched a lot of traditional mythological creatures. I wanted to take the more typical ones away from their pop culture incarnations, so I read a lot of British mythology and then found a few other creatures from around the world that seemed interesting and less common. Lemme tell you, the rest of the world has NOTHING on Japan when it comes to supernatural creatures!

6. If you could sum Paranormalcy in 5 words, what would you say?


Nothing is as it seems
Thanks for the wonderful interview Kiersten!
-Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment