Friday, August 27, 2010

The Dark Divine by Bree Despain


A Prodigal Son

A Dangerous Love

A Deadly Secret

Grace Divine—daughter of the local pastor—always knew something terrible happened the night Daniel Kalbi disappeared and her brother Jude came home covered in his own blood.

Now that Daniel's returned, Grace must choose between her growing attraction to him and her loyalty to her brother.

As Grace gets closer to Daniel, she learns the truth about that mysterious night and how to save the ones she loves, but it might cost her the one thing she cherishes most: her soul.



I was a little iffy picking up this book. I kept on seeing everyone around me reading it and so I decided one day to give it a try. After all, how bad could it be? How about how good could it be? It was amazing! I love werewolves, but not only did this book have them, it also had them in a way I had never read. The Prodical Son was incorportated, actually this bok revolved around that story.


Despain does an amazing job with bringing her characters to life. They're so real, but their actions are so powerful, I found myself turning the pages waiting to see what was going to happen. Grace was no wimp and both Daniel and Jude were two very interesting characters that you will want to know what's up with them and who's the good guy and the bad guy.


The ending was a big shocker, but it did not leave on a cliffhanger. Not only don't you know if they bad guy is dead or not, but something happens to Grace. When I found out there was going to be a sequal, THE LOST SAINT, I was jumping up and down and I can't wait until I can get my hands on it.


The cover wasn't my favorite. I couldn't quite understand what the purple fabric wrapped around the girl with the purple nail polish meant, but it was no horrifying cover. Just not the best.


Overall, I enjoyed this book and found myself not sleeping until I finished it! If you love werewolves and want something new with them, this book is for you. I totally recommend it!


♥♥♥♥



-Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment