Wednesday, August 4, 2010

City of Glass Review by Ana


To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters -- never mind that enter-ing the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadow-hunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadow-hunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City -- whatever the cost?


In the third installment of THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS Series, Cassandra Clare keeps you tearing ever piece of hair on your head as Jace and Clary finally battle Valentine. Out of all the three books, I can't choose my favorite because they were all so good. Valentine is the perfect character that can make you change your mind in a quick flash. He does that to Clary a lot of times, but Clary's too smart to fall for his tricks.

But here, we fnally have Jocelyn in the picture and we get so many of our questions answered and then, there's the new characters Sebastian. He holds so many things in him, I begna to hate him. He was the type I wanted to just get him out of the book because he was making me sad.

Clare's characters are very well developed. She knows how to keep you liking a character or make you hate them. Usually, the more books in a series, they begin to lack quality. But here is not the case which I was glad to find out. I still loved the third book as much as I loved the first.


The plot of CITY OF GLASS, kept me taking this book wherever I went. I loved how we find out more about Luke because he was my favorite character on how loyal he was the Clary, and Jace turn out to control himself and his sarcastic ways.

The ending scooped everything and put it in a nice perfect box. It didn't keep you wondering and no cliffhangers. I was satisfied with this ending, but when I found out there is another book coming out, CITY OF FALLEN ANGELS, I was excited. So be on the lookout for that one. I sure am.

Overall, THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS has become one of my favorite series.

♥♥♥♥1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment