Thursday, August 5, 2010

Friendship to Love

Today we have a guest blogger on.

Ready to hear who it is?

.....................

Kimberly Derting!!! Author of THE BODY FINDER! A book that I loved so much!

So here we have Kimberly talking about friendship turning into love.


So when Ana asked me to do a guest blog on how a close friendship (like Violet and Jay’s in The Body Finder) turns into love, I was kind of stumped, because…well…I’m not sure I have the answer to that. That’s tough, and it’s probably different for everyone, right? For Violet and Jay it sort of happened overnight. Or did it?

For Violet, she’d known Jay was her best friend, but never really “noticed” him until he became all hottie practically overnight. Shallow? Maybe. But, honestly, having been a teen myself, I know that the cute boys tend to attract attention (even if they all don’t turn out to be Jays). Plus, it wasn’t his looks Violet fell in love with, it was just that she’d never considered him in that way before.

For Jay, I think he always knew they’d end up together. He was just waiting for Violet to figure it out too.

But the whole thing got me to thinking. About me and my life. About the way I’d met my husband…and heyyyy…we were friends before we dated. I’d never really thought about that before, about the similarity between my real life and my book. Well, that’s because that’s where the similarity ends. My husband and I met when we were older (not in the first grade, like my characters, Violet and Jay). We worked together and were friends. I never imagined we would end up falling in love, getting married, having babies. So when we kissed one night after work, I think it took us both by surprise. And when we quickly became inseparable, everyone else was just as surprised as we were!

That was over eighteen years ago, and the best part? We’re still inseparable. Because I married my best friend.




This is such a cute story Kimberly. Thanks so much for being on the blog! Now who wouldn't want to fall in love with their best friend who is a guy especially if he were Jay. I know I would! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment