Sunday, August 1, 2010

City of Bones Review by Ana


When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder — much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Clary knows she should call the police, but it's hard to explain a murder when the body disappears into thin air and the murderers are invisible to everyone but Clary.

Equally startled by her ability to see them, the murderers explain themselves as Shadowhunters: a secret tribe of warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. Within twenty-four hours, Clary's mother disappears and Clary herself is almost killed by a grotesque demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....



I kept on looking at this book at the bookstore numerous times, but never picked it up. I kept on hearing how good it was, so I finally decided to take a shot at it, and it has been the best decision I have ever made. I was hooked with this book from the first page. The setting and atmosphere Cassandra Clare creates is one I want to live in. Also, this book was so unique. Shadowhunters, that isn't something I had read before and I wanted to know more of them.

The characters were and acted like a real human being, except they were not in a way. But their dialogue was real and so were their actions. Clary was a great person and I felt what she felt as she tried to go and save her mom, Jocelyn. Jace, I completly fell in love with him. He's such a bad boy, but with a bit of sweetness to finish him off.

The ending made me want to read the next in the series and the review for CITY OF ASHES will be up!

When I now look at rhe cover, I can see it fits the book perfectly, but I do recommend you reading the book first to understand what's going on.

Overall, this book was a book I've been waiting a while for to read. I loved every part of it and can't believe I kept it off my bookshelf.

♥♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment