Saturday, August 28, 2010

Marked by P.C Cast and Kristen Cast Review


The House of Night series is set in a world very much like our own, except in 16-year-old Zoey Redbird's world, vampyres have always existed. In this first book in the series, Zoey enters the House of Night, a school where, after having undergone the Change, she will train to become an adult vampire--that is, if she makes it through the Change. Not all of those who are chosen do. It’s tough to begin a new life, away from her parents and friends, and on top of that, Zoey finds she is no average fledgling. She has been Marked as special by the vampyre Goddess, Nyx. But she is not the only fledgling at the House of Night with special powers. When she discovers that the leader of the Dark Daughters, the school's most elite club, is misusing her Goddess-given gifts, Zoey must look deep within herself for the courage to embrace her destiny--with a little help from her new vampyre friends.





When I was looking at the bookstore for another vampire book, I found this was the only one I still hadn't read, so I decided to give it a try. I found the first couple pages to be slow, but I kept moving foward hoping it wouls get better, but it didn't. The synopsis in the back of the book sounds good, but the story inside was basically bad. I felt it fall very short.


Zoey was my least favorite protagonist. I have always loved protagonists in a story, no matter how clumsy or bad they are. But Zoey didn't fit into a good character for me. I found her so oring that I have forgotten who she actually was. I don't even remember other characters in the book because they were so forgetable.


While I was reading this, I kept finding myself seeing how many more pages I had to read because I just wanted it to be over already. I found the plot here boring as well and it didn't grab me to take me on a wild ride. It just felt like words on a page with no feelings.


The cover was okay. I liked the drawings in the back that seemed what the Mark was that the vampyres had in this book, but other than that it was an okay cover. Also, the girl on the cover seems a bit too old to be Zoey. But it is an eye catching cover.
The ending, I can't even explain. I don't even know what happens. It's such a blur to me and I had wished soemthing exciting had happened in the end, but nothing did to make it memorable.


Overall, I didn't enjoy this book at all and I'm not planning on reading any of the sequals.


♥♥


-Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment