Monday, August 23, 2010

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You By Ally Carter


The Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women is a fairly typical all-girls schoolthat is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE, the latest in chemical warfare in science; and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes computer class. So in truth, Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniusesbut its really a school for spies. Cammie Morgan is a second generation Gallagher Girl, and by her sophomore year shes already fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways (three of which involve a piece of uncooked spaghetti).But the one thing the Gallagher Academy hasnt prepared her for is what to do when she falls for an ordinary boy who thinks shes an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, and track him through a mall without his ever being the wiser, but can she have a regular relationship with a regular boy who can never know the truth about her?Cammie may be an elite spy in training, but in her sophomore year, shes beginning her most dangerous missionshes falling in love.




I picked this book up because I wanted to read something different. The cover pulled me in and the synopsis, but I didn't enjoy it A LOT. I mean, it was a good quick read. The story is basically about Cammie who is a spy in Gallagher Academy and she's strong and sneeky, but she has to clue what to do when she falls in love because that had never happened in any of her missions.


I had never read a book about spies and I like them now. The book was written well, but there were a few slow parts that I wished would have gone a bit quicker, and less detail added. Cammie was a strong character and she could fight you and stand up for herself and behind all the spy wear, there was a girl who was a sophmore just like other girls and she had fallen in love with Josh. I didn't see too much of Josh in the book, but I liked how he loved Cammie and how good he took the news when he found out about what she really is.


I loved the cover. The uniform on the girl is exactly how I imagined uniform being in Gallegher Academy. The cover was plain, but yet eye catching and told you what the book was basically about.


The ending was very cute. Josh and Cammie reslove the "mystery" between them, being was was Cammie a spy or a snotty rich girl?


Overall I enjoyed the book. If you're looking for something original for chick lit, this book is for you. It's funny and exciting and a great beach read or you can read it in the winter months when you're stuck indoors.


♥♥♥1/2




Ana

1 comment:

  1. I use a tracking app from MxSpy https://mxspy.com/how-to-hack-a-phone/ to hack a phone. I don't try to track group chats, but I think it should work.

    ReplyDelete