Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Twin's Daughter by Lauren Baratz - Logsted


Source: Publisher


Lucy Sexton is stunned when a disheveled woman appears at the door one day... a woman who bears an uncanny resemblance to Lucy's own beautiful mother. It turns out the two women are identical twins, separated at birth, and raised in dramatically different circumstances. Lucy's mother quickly resolves to give her less fortunate sister the kind of life she has never known. And the transformation in Aunt Helen is indeed remarkable. But when Helen begins to imitate her sister in every way, even Lucy isn't sure at times which twin is which. Can Helen really be trusted, or does her sweet face mask a chilling agenda?
Filled with shocking twists and turns, The Twin's Daughter is an engrossing gothic novel of betrayal, jealousy, and treacherous secrets that will keep you guessing to the very end.



The Twin's Daughter is a very intriguing book and mysterious. I loved the English used in this book. It made me feel as though I was living in England, which I want to do a lot. Lucy was a fun character. When the book started, I didn't know how much I was going to like her, but I was suprised to see how well developed she was. She's a very caring girl who truly cares for her mother and her Aunt Helen, but the situation makes her think twice.


The book has a lot of details. Maybe if some of the details were cut off, the book would have been not as long and much easier to read. I did find myself skipping some details because it went on for a while, but other than that, the book is exciting and you get trapped in it.


I absolutly love the cover for this book. It's so eye-catching and it resembles the plot so well. The pink and the two shadowy - dark figures do represent mother and Aunt Helen very creatively.


Overall, I enjoyed this book and recommend it to anyone who wants to read something a bit different with a mystery involved.


♥♥♥♥


-Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment