Sunday, November 14, 2010

iDrakula by Bekka Black


SOURCE: Author



The classic vampire story that started it all gets new life for a generation of connected teens

18-year-old Jonathan Harker is diagnosed with a rare blood disorder after visiting a Romanian Count. His girlfriend Mina and a pre-med student named Van Helsing team up to investigate the source of the disease. The teenagers discover a horrifying truth: the Count is a vampire. The harrowing events unfold through emails, text messages, web pages, Twitter feeds, and instant messaging-the natural modernization of Bram Stoker's original Dracula, which was written in letters, diary entries, and news clippings.


iDrakula was a book I didn't know how it was going to turn out, but I found myself finishing it very quickly. I loved how Black took the classic DRACULA and turned it into modern day. I was always waiting to see what was going to happen to Jonathan in the castle in Romania and reading this book in text and emails, made the book very fun. This is the first book I've read in sich form and I'm already liking it.


The characters were great. Even though the book was in text and emails, the characters still had personalities and I could hear them in my head talking. I loved the cover of this book. I would so pick this book up if I were at the bookstore. It's so creepy, but yet luring.


Overall, I really enjoyed this book and would recommend this book to anyone who wants to try reading a new writing style and who is in love with vampires.
♥♥♥♥


-Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment