Sunday, October 3, 2010

Shadowed Summer by Saundra Mitchell


SOURCE: PUBLISHER


Nothing ever happened in Ondine, Louisiana, not even the summer Elijah Landry disappeared.

His mother knew he ascended to heaven, the police believed he ran away, and his girlfriend thought he was murdered.

Decades later, certain she saw his ghost in the town cemetery, fourteen-year-old Iris Rhame is determined to find out the truth behind "The Incident With the Landry Boy."

Enlisting the help of her best friend Collette, and forced to endure the company of Collette's latest crush, Ben, Iris spends a summer digging into the past and stirring old ghosts, in search of a boy she never knew.

What she doesn't realize is that in a town as small as Ondine, every secret is a family secret.



Never had I read a ghost story like this one before. Actually, I never have read a ghost story. I always wanted to read one and this book did it for me. It was a mystery through out and I enjoyed following Iris into finding what happened to Elijah. I didn't even try to guess what was happening because everytime I did, something twisted everything and I was left guessing again.


Iris was a fun and well developed character. She was determined to find out the truth, but was also a great friend. She wasn't the type of character that was always getting herself into trouble or making stupid mistakes. She knew what to do, and did it right.


The ending. What a big suprise - a surpise I never thought would ever be in this book. I never even imagined it. That's all I'm going to be saying.


The cover was okay for me. Not my favorite, though. It seemed to old, but it does give you the creep factor and you know there is a ghost story in this book.


Overall, I enjoyed this book and am glad my first ghost story was this one because not only will I be looking out for more of Mitchell's work, but alos will be looking for more ghost stories.



♥♥♥♥


-Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment