Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Pace by Shelena Shorts


SOURCE: AUTHOR


Weston Wilson is not immortal and he is of this world. But, aging is not part of his existence, and eighteen-year-old Sophie Slone is determined to find out why. In doing so, she could also uncover something about her own life expectancy that she may not want to know. Suddenly, immortality will mean everything and nothing all at the same time.
Intensely fascinating and rich with determination, The Pace brings together romance, mystery, and suspense in a compelling bond that is sure to have readers asking for more.


The Pace was a fantastic ride that never ends, and honestly I didn't want it to end. The book is never slow and I was always at the edge of my seat biting my nails waiting to see what was going to happen next.


Shelena Shorts knows how to create suspence, but not only that, I was also crying as I came to the end. I love it when a book makes me cry. It shows to me that it was full of emotions and this book was one of them. I felt my fingers trembling, but I loved the characters here. Sophie was such a careing person and all she wanted was to make things better and then there's Wes. A heart of pure gold and loves Sophie no matter what.


I really enjoyed all the research the book had, the letters from long ago and email exchanges between Sophie and Wes. It only made the characters more alive. The ending, I will warn you, is a cliffhanger and will leave you biting your nails off more for the second book THE BROKEN LAKE which is out now.


Overall, I loved this book and am dying to read the sequal!



♥♥♥♥♥


-Ana



No comments:

Post a Comment