Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bleed by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Since all of you have been amazing supporters here at the AnaRissa Chronicles, I was wondering if you could support me on my new blog called Musings of A Story Lover. I think I'll be starting to blog there starting on Friday and it would be amaing if all of you could follow me there as a follower, because the more followers I have there, the more my blog will be successful.

Also, if you follow me there, I'll be hosting a contest. All you have to do is become a follower and just email me your name at storyloverbooks@gmail.com and you will be entered to win.

The prize is a swag pack of FIRELIGHT by Sophie Jordan (and this book is good!! So many crazed reviews about it)

So please follow me at www.musingsofastorylover.blogspot.com and please enter the contest. All of your support means the world to me!! :D

*GIANT HUGS*

-Ana


____________________________________________________________________



SOURCE: PUBLISHER


Over the course of a single day, the lives of ten teenagers will intersect in powerful and unexpected ways.

Among them are Nicole, whose decision to betray her best friend will shock everyone, most of all herself; Kelly, who meets the convicted felon she’s been writing to for years; and Maria, whose definition of a true friend is someone who will cut her. Derik discovers his usual good looks and charm won’t help him get the girl he really wants, while Joy, a fifteen year old waitress, hoping for true intimacy, narrowly escapes a very dark fate.

Seamlessly woven together, this collection of interconnected short stories paints an authentic portrait of today’s teen experience that is at once funny, moving, and often very haunting.





This book was not what I expected at all. I thought it was going to be boring about the lives of ten teenagers, but it far more than boring. I read this one in one sitting (it was short). But even though some books may be short, it doesn't mean you're able to read them quickly. I know I'm not. But Stolarz has something about her writing that makes you want to continue and it never gets boring. She knows how to keep her readers continuing her books and that's what I've come to love about her writing and her as well.





Now I'm not going to say much about the book since it will only give it away, but it was very enjoyable and at times I didn't know if I should be trusting a particular character. Now the cover, I thought was very simple and not the best one I've seen, but the title has a big meaning in the book as ou will see from each of the teenagers.





Overall, I enjoyed this book since it was a good quick-read.





♥♥♥♥





-Ana

____________________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment