Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Vampire Crush A.M. Robinson


Source: Author



I swear, my life was always totally normal.


Normal house, normal family, normal school. My looks are average, I don't have any superpowers, no one's showing up to tell me I'm a princess—you get the picture. But when my junior year started, something not normal happened. There were new kids at school . . . new kids with a wardrobe straight out of a 19th-century romance novel, and an inexplicable desire to stay at school until sundown.

And on top of that, James Hallowell showed up. James, who stole my sandwiches in fourth grade and teased me mercilessly through middle school. James, who now seems to have the power to make my heart race any time he comes near.

But something weird is going on. Because James rarely goes out during the day. And he seems stronger than your typical guy. And he knows the new kids, all of whom seem to be harboring some kind of deep secret. . . .



Before you judge this book on the synopsis, wait. Vampire Crush is nothing like Twilight and I promise you that. I loved this book. I didn't really know what to expect from it since I too was worried it was going to be another Twilight, but it's not. It's full of action, adventure, and just plain fun. I enjoyed Sophie. She was a funny character and all she was trying to do was interview the new students who were totally freaking her out. Vlad was a total mystery to me. I kept wondering what is his problem? It seemed that one thing he said happened and all the girls were swooning all after him, espeially Sophie's sister.


Another great part about this book is the cover. I love the candy bat and the red velvet color in the background. It captures the book fully, but still leaves you with a question of what this book is going to be about.


Overall, I truly enjoyed this book and can't wait to read more of A.M. Robinson's work.



♥♥♥ 1/2


-Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment