Friday, August 6, 2010

White is for Magic Review by Ana


I'm watching you . . .A year has passed since Stacey Brown saved her best friend from a horrible death. Now she's having nightmares again, haunted by ghosts of the brutally murdered . . . and by a crazed stalker. As she desperately casts healing spells, a new student named Jacob enters her world. Beautiful and mysterious, he reveals that he is also having dreams. To stop a killer, they must join together. But can Jacob be trusted? Or will this new love cause her darkest dreams to come true?

The second book is BLUE IS FOR NIGHTMARES series is the best one yet. Not only was this book filled with action, but there was romance in here as well. Meet Jacob. He's a witch just like Stacey and I loved the chemistry between the two.

At first when the nightmares come back to Stacey and the creepy messages, I was getting worried that it was Jacob. The furhter I read into the book, the more I fell in love with him and the less I wanted him to turn out the evil one. But a spolier is involved, so you'll just have to find out if Jacob is good, ... or bad.

Stolarz as I have mentioned in other reviews, is an amazing writer who knows her characters. It's like she video tapes people acting the scene and writes it. That's how real her characters are. Reading this series, I have begun to like Stacey because she's normal like everyone else and acts human as well. I believe that a good book first starts off with great characters. They're the ones making the story.

The cover if WHITE IS FOR MAGIC does capture the theme of the book. The white candles in the white backgroun make sense not only with the title, but with what the book is about - witches. Also, the creepy writing saying "I'm watching you" adds a total creep factor!

Overall, I loved WHITE IS FOR MAGIC and recommend reading this book. So far, the series has not let me down and I can't wait to read more.

♥♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment