Friday, August 20, 2010

My Soul To Take by Rachel Vincent


She doesn't see dead people, but…
She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next…


I picked this book up because I thought the synopsis was pretty cool. It seemed new from the normal vampire/werewolf so I gave it a chance. T o be honest here, I'm glad. It's not my favorite book, but it was a good read.

When Kaylee and Nash first start dating, I thought how in the world is she going to keep her secret from him? I thought Nash was a normal guy in high school who had all the girls cushing on him, but boy was I wrong. Nash is something totally more than normal - as Kaylee is. They both were great characters and there was sizzling romance between them.

I get really excited when I find a book that's not like the rest. And even though I have my doubts, I stil like giving the plot a try and this book wasn't disappointing at all. There wasn't much action going on as I wished, but it was well written and it had a lot of details, which sometimes took away from the story by making it longer and that only made me wish the chapter could already end.

The ending I found a little forgetable. It's been a while since I had read this book and I kept putting it off for review because I didn't realy know what to say. But in the end, you do realize that there is room for a sequal and it's already out.

I LOVED the cover. I thought it was spectacular and something so different, but yet to cool! The girl on the cover somehow reminds me of what Kaylee is (which I won't say), but I do find her to be a little too old to be Kaylee.

Overall, I enjoyed this book and if you're looking for a book to pass the time, read this one.

♥♥♥1/2


Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment